Monday, September 17, 2012

Marry Song.





I talked to my brother, Aaron and  soon-to-be-sister Ashley yesterday via Facetime (or as I like to call it "Ihavetoomanychinstime"). We talked wedding planning and invites.
The Brewers ran into the Soon-to-be-Sohls at Disneyland. Less than two weeks until we gather under the big top to see them become Mr & Mrs! 
 I have to admit it has me fondly recalling my own nuptials. It's been almost 7 years since Cameron and I tied the knot. Since then I feel like weddings have become even more personalized, more open to interpretation and honestly, cuter. As I search Pinterest for ideas for Ashley, I started thinking about a core part of our wedding: MUSIC.
We had the music planned before we had anything else. We worked and re-worked our list. Aaron sat down with me and arranged the processional music (it included Nick Drake, Randy Rhoads, Foo Fighters and Bach). 
We played our favorites, we chose carefully and of course we walked back down as husband and wife to Everlong. 
Looking through these new wedding websites, I can't help but make a list of songs that I would have played at our wedding if I had known about them/if they had been released. 

Here are a few:

Wonderful (the way I feel)- My Morning Jacket
Rose of my Heart- Johnny Cash
Marry Song- Band of Horses
Romeo and Juliet- Dire Straits
Longing to Belong- Eddie Vedder
And it Stoned Me- Van Morrison (even if it's not a proper love song)
Thirteen- Ben Kweller
You Belong to Me- Bob Dylan
Just Breathe- Pearl Jam
Name in Stone- Dead Man's Bones
Tangerine- Led Zeppelin


Are there any songs that you know now that you wish you would have utilized for your wedding? 
What were they? What songs did you have played at your wedding? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment