Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome foolish mortals!

Birthday planning starts early around these parts. It usually starts with a seed of an idea and grows into a concept. Then it becomes reality after a few months. 
Here are the previous birthday parties: owl, Frontierland & Little Mermaid. 



In May, I asked my soon to be 4 year old what she wanted to do for her birthday party. 
I had looked at a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. I showed her. Nah. 
I showed her a summer/lemon theme. Nah.
Nothing was working for this girl. 
Then one day lightning struck. We were at "The Happiest Place on Earth". 

"I WANT A HAUNTED MANSION BIRTHDAY!"

The Rolly Crump fan in me rejoiced! 
The mysterious Hat Box ghost who haunts HM fans to this day.
Click the picture for more info.

It's a well known fact that I enjoy time spent at Disneyland. It's a little known fact (as Cliff Clavin would say) that I'm Doom Buggie certified ghoul for the Haunted Mansion. I've spent hours reading about the original ideas, designs, concept art and "imagineering" that went into my favorite New Orleans dark ride. The kids and I have haunted several websites, watching old videos and learning all we could. Do yourself a favor, go to Doom Buggies.com


Now I realize that most 4 year olds don't want to even go on this ride, much less go to a party based on it. We will tone it down and play up the "party scene". We'll also make sure that everything is very Victorian. 
We will hang some spectral decor of course! 
MiceChat.com is one of my favorite Disneyland websites.

I'll keep you happy haunts updated on our party progress, just check back into the blog.
...be sure to bring your...death certificates.
This pattern can be purchased on easy for $5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment