Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mae's Birthday presents

I wanted to keep it simple this year. We have less room & I wanted to get Mae a toy that would grow with her. She is in love with her friend Yeva's wooden kitchen set! She plays with it practically the entire time she's there. Cameron and I have been on the hunt for one for about a month. Some of them can get up to $200-$300. Being the bargain shopper I am, I finally snagged a deal on Target. We were expecting to pay about $120, I found this one on clearance for $79! YES! Even the matching set of dishes were marked down from $15 to $6. I love the retro feel of it & all the shelf space. She'll love it and I won't mind it being in the living room because it's a pretty piece. 






Here's a few other items we've gotten her along the way. 
It's become a bit of a tradition now that on vacation we get her a book from Bishop's indie (as they say) bookstore, Spellbinders. This year we opted for an owl book (of course) called Molly The Owl: The True Story of a Common Barn Owl That Ends up Being Not So Common After All. I'll blog more about them later. :) It's a true story of two owls named Molly and McGee. 

Cameron picked out a couple of pairs (one blue, one pink) of straight leg Levi's. I bought her a pair of moccasins in Lone Pine to go with the pants this Fall and Winter. I'm going to stop by Zara and see if they have a couple of shirts that I wanted to get her. 
That's it. Not too much stuff. I feel like we've over done it in the past and now I just want to keep it simple. A couple of fun things, a book (which is always a good gift, my Grandma Berry would always give us a book for our birthdays, it wasn't an option) & some clothes. 
I can't wait for her to open all her presents up next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment