Thursday, February 3, 2011

Josiah the encourager

Josiah is an incredibly affectionate child. His MO from birth has been constant touch. When he sleeps in our bed, he has to be touching not one, but at least two of us (I believe Dr. Sears refers to this as the "H Formation"). Lately he's been very delicate with me. I think it's because he knows I'm sick. He'll get in bed with me, or sit next to me and rub my arm, a little habit he's had since he was about a year old. He's got a new little way of showing affection that just kills me. He calls me "Honey". I don't know where he got that. Cameron does not call me honey, I don't call Cameron honey. Since he started calling me that Mae's picked it up and says it to. She spreads the love and refers to our cats and dog by this pet name.
  I've been crocheting a blanket for my sister's dog since she got her. I've gone slowly and only worked on it occasionally. It's pretty much a hack job and the first thing I've ever crocheted. Well, I finished regardless of quality. I showed it to Josiah when he got home from T-ball practice.
"Josiah, look I finished Stoney's blanket"
  "How great! Can I see it?"
I show it to him.
"Here it is. It's not very good."
  "Wow Mom, that's really great. You did a good job! Stoney will love it!"

Such a little light in my life. When I don't feel great about me or my talents, my son sees what I can't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment