Thursday, February 3, 2011

The day that got the ball rolling.

I found this picture of the Song Of Solomon conference that Cameron and I attended last year along with our friends, The Millers. This was the day that we were invited by members of Reality LA to come visit the church. I remember saying "How weird to go to a church in the big city." Now we are a part of Reality LA.
 When Jesus says "Come follow me" He doesn't always let you know right away where or how. You can't see when you're on the journey, you don't know where He's pointing. It's just like when I was a kid and I was stuck in the back of the van and didn't know where my parents were taking us, but we got there. Looking back though, I can see all the little doors He opened, all the moments that added up to us living out here. The heart changes, the growing, the attitude adjustments.
  We went to this one-day conference to hear Mark Driscoll speak and for Jesus to strengthen our marriage. He did so much more than that. Someday this is going to make an incredible story for our children and grandchildren. I hope it's more than a story though, I pray that it's a legacy.

But, as it is written,

   "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
   nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him"— 1 Corinthians 2:9

0 comments:

Post a Comment