Wednesday, December 19, 2012

About that LA weather.

This is a post with no purpose other than to share my recent weather experiences.
Please enjoy. 



Parts of the country have weather that is firmly planted in the negatives. 
I understand. 
I like cold weather. I like storms. 
It's been around 40 degrees in the morning. 
This morning it was 40 but felt like 35 with wind chill. 
I typically like this.
I don't like waking up in the wee hours of the morning and getting ready without a heater. 
It's been over two weeks and for some reason our landlord hasn't had the heater fixed.
This has led to creative warming methods with strict enforcement of planned routine.

COLDNESS AVOIDANCE PLAN
I get up first, run to the bathroom, turn on the heater lamp & Cameron's shower.
I then head to the kitchen, turn on the coffee maker and the stove. 
I go potty.
I come back and make my coffee.
I open the oven and place a blanket nearby.
Josiah has breakfast here.
If he doesn't get dressed in the bathroom, he gets dressed here. 
I bundle Josiah and send him on his way to class.


You can put your arms down when you get to school.

Mae finds warmth in the kitchen.


Our car is being worked on near Cameron's work.
I had to take him out there this morning.
I stopped by Orphaned CDs, a record store in Northridge on Reseda. 
When we came back out, the wind was whipping hard. 
In fact, I had dodged TWO tumbleweeds on the way there. 
Like Mae said- those things live in the desert, not the city.
Anyway, I walked out to my car and saw a reflection of my intense hair in the car window.

PHOTO SHOOT TIME.
SELFIES!


I let the wind carry me and my hair away.
I actually get a kick out of these.

Dear 14-year-old Leigh,
First of all, please stop wearing Dickie pants in different colors. 
You will regret this.
Second of all, you hate your hair now, but someday you will embrace it's 
hugeness. You will stand outside a music store and be enchanted by it. 
Sincerely,
28-year-old Leigh








0 comments:

Post a Comment