Monday, August 20, 2012

A quick update!

What have we been up to during this heatwave? Quite a bit actually. Our house is extra hot (we describe our 50 year old apartment unit as the attic to the unit below. We have all the heat), I've been taking the kids all over LA to escape the heat. Here are a few pics with descriptions of what we're doing in the dog days of Summer.
Josiah starts school next week. We went and got his uniform pieces at Dennis' Uniform on San Fernando.
$450 later, I'm thankful that we had the money. Crazy expensive, but he looks pretty stinking cute in his formal Mondays uniform.




Josiah received his capoeira uniform. 

Pretty studly if you ask me.

We've been to the movies more than usual because of the heat.
We love the Arclight. Especially when they have props and set pieces from movies.
This is the house from Paranorman. They also had Norman and his friend. 
Mae is thrilled with the water feature at the mall.

Josiah decided it was okay. He isn't as sold on playing in water like his sister.

Here's Josiah in action at capoeira. I need to do a whole post on it.

This handsome guy took me to Ruth's Chris Steak house just because.

Here's me and my out of control cleavage enjoying dessert.  After our awesome meal of lobster
and steak, we finally saw The Dark Knight Rises.

I have Bane fever.
There is no cure.

Cameron painted the kid's room and I started decorating in
The Fantastic Mr. Fox theme.

My nephew came and spent the night and came to
church with us.

I know, I typically keep it pretty PG around these parts.
I had to use this after finding it right before Cameron got his new  tattoo.

Here we have a lovely family portrait while Cameron  gets the first bit of his
vulture tattoo worked on. His tattoo artist, Jeremy Swan is amazing! 


Here's the finished product! It's inspired by a TCV poster we have.
It's seriously studly.
I suddenly have the urge to have 10 babies with this dude.
Cameron and I found ourselves watching Workaholics. Really not a show
geared towards our demographic. We really like it though. So much so I found the house in Van Nuys.
I like living out here for stupid reasons like this.
Let's get weird.

The Dark Knight stopped by.

Back at the Arclight for Paranorman. I couldn't help but take this picture.
The kids are "between two Bruces". Bruce the shark and Bruce Willis.

The kids always leave with loot from Arclight. This time it was DKR stickers and
The Odd Life of Timothy Green posters.

We headed to Griffith Park.
"It ain't that bad when your mini-horses' doo-doo is dusty."

Josiah's picture of Mae and I on the train.

We rode the train with a polygamous Jewish family.
You seriously never know who or what you will find in LA.

Mae puts her shoes on at The Americana in Glendale.
Major celeb sighting: The dumb boyfriend from Reba. 
He's actually int he blue tank top in the background of this picture.
His wife and little boy are there too.

We found Rolling Robots. You get to battle real robots.

Guess where Josiah wants to have his birthday?

A little break for partying with new friends on the lawn.

I went to a very sweet shower for a very sweet lady from
our church. Her groom to be made a video message for her to watch before she opened gifts.
So sweet.


This cute little beast was there!

We went to Long Beach for Jeremy's 30th birthday!
It's his last as a single man! He gets hitched next month to the
awesome Emily!

Josiah and Mae mosh with the ocean.

Troy brought a cool telescope.

We bought more succulents! Aren't they lovely!?!

OH!!! BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL!!
My little brother Aaron is officially engaged to this beautiful lady!
I can't believe it!
I'm pretty stoked to snag Ashley as a sister!
Ashley Berry sounds pretty rad.


There you have it.
The news from the Brewer compound.

0 comments:

Post a Comment