Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My identity.

First, I need to say that this year's retreat theme could not have been more appropriate. "Identity: the truest thing about you." Needless to say I had been struggling with my identity, which by the end of the weekend, was exactly who I have been since the day I met Jesus: a child of God.
Galatians 2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
It's easy to define myself by my size, my job as mom or my life as a wife. It's also easy to define myself by what I'm not. That's where we can really get screwed up.
I am so thankful to the women at my church, they are honest, loving and real. For every fault or problem I think is only mine to have, they remind me humbly that they too have struggles and difficulties. It was the perfect environment to be a "weight watcher". I never felt embarrassed to tell someone that I was counting points and I never felt pressure to just eat whatever. Thank you girls!

I'll blog more about retreat later, I just wanted to preface my weekly progress with my experience at Women's Retreat.

Drum roll: I've lost 2 pounds!
I have more energy, food isn't calling my name at night. I'm drinking tons of water (I drank half a gallon yesterday). I don't forget to take my vitamins and I am not going back for seconds (unless it's veggies or fruit).
I'll share this verse that's a huge (and humbling) help to me.
Philipians 2:13
for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure

0 comments:

Post a Comment