Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's September.

Warning: Super random blog. It's all tied together by my excitement for Fall time.


While it doesn't ever feel like Fall shows up on time here in Southern California, that won't stop me from purchasing Fall scented candles, planning Halloween & throwing on my favorite sweaters in the evening.
 The kids have changed so much this summer. Mae & Josiah are now BFFs. They play for hours at a time together with their imaginations taking them anywhere and everywhere. So far today they've fought a gelatin monster, saved the TARDIS & played with Cars. I don't worry about the messes they make, as long as they get along.
Josiah adds to the masterpiece in Tiff's kitchen.

Mae admires her stylized smock in the mirror.



 Next month is not only our 6th anniversary (Gah, what?), but we're celebrating it BIG. This little band (you probably haven't heard of them), the Foo Fighters are coming through LA that weekend. It's like Dave, being my best friend and all, planned his concert at the Forum to help celebrate our wedding anniversary. I'm pretty stoked. I haven't seen them since 2008. I've seen parts of the Foo at different locations, playing with different bands a few times in the past year, but I haven't seen the complete set since 2008. So that will pretty awesome.

He wants to dedicate Everlong to us. I'm pretty sure that will happen.
I will be heading to Target tomorrow to stock up on Fall candles. If you buy 5 Glade products, you get a $5 gift card. So that's where you can find me tomorrow morning.

 I'm also quite thrilled to bring back my sweaters & boots. I was gifted a lovely purse by Tiffani. It's a sort of burnt orange leather from Cleobella. WARNING: ONLY GO TO THEIR WEBSITE IF YOU WANT TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE PURSES!
It's the perfect color for Fall.
*Insert sweeping romance music here*


I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can attend Lebowski Fest LA. It's not that expensive to go and I think we'd have a blast. It's not everyday you get to hang out with fellow Dudeists. If you're not familiar with Lebowski Fest, visit their website here.

Last but not least in this eclectic entry, I am already making Halloween plans. This happened the other evening when we traveled to South Pas to see the Draper residence from Mad Men (see previous post). On our way home, I got the itch to see Michael Myer's house from Halloween. I don't care how much they fix that place up, it's still scarier than I'll get out. This sparked an idea in me. Since a bit of Halloween was filmed in areas around Pasadena, we'll go trick or treating to the houses. I'm not brave enough to head to Hollywood on Halloween, but it would be fun to go to the Nightmare on Elm street house that's off of Sunset. Anyway, we'll trick or treat at some of the houses and I'm sure it's fairly picturesque to trick or treat on this street:




They can ring the doorbell on houses that look like this





Anyway, that's sorta my plan for trick or treating. The kids have had their Halloween costumes picked out since early this year (take after their mom much?). I think I've blogged about it before, but here they are:
The Doctor and Amy!
They are going as the 11th incarnation of the Doctor and his companion, Amy Pond-Williams. Why? Because bow-ties are cool now. 
I decided my costume last month while watching Grey Gardens. It was too easy. I'm going to be "Little Edie Beale" from Grey Gardens. I might even do a little flag dance. 




I'm sure Cameron will decide at the last moment what he'll be. So look forward to seeing Cameron as Jimmy Page, Dave Grohl, The Dude or Three Hole punch Cameron again.

Well that's it blog readers. Random as it was, I feel like it was a bit of an update since I haven't blogged in awhile.
Welcome Fall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment