Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Doctor will save us!

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. 
The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, 
the bad things don't necessarily spoil the
good things or make them unimportant.
- The Doctor
I didn't make this. It was there for my taking.


I recently read an article on Cracked of all places called How Doctor Who Became My Religion. While I obviously don't agree with his theological views, especially concerning a fallible God, I do relate to his feelings towards the show. Have I cried while watching Doctor Who? You bet your Gallifreyen rear-end I have. There is a reason this show has been on for as long as it has and continues to grow in popularity. The Doctor, his TARDIS and all the adventure that comes along reminds us of the longing we have deep inside of our souls. I would say it goes something like this:
We want:
-to be swept away by a hero
-to be an important part of those adventures
-to be worth saving
-to experience life and all it's beauty & sadness
-to have an ally against evil. I agree with that portion of the article).

I could pour explanation into each of these, but I can't do that now. Just use your imaginations/logical conclusions or sonic screwdrivers to figure it out.

P.S. Someone could write complete theological sets on Rory Williams. That guy, always dying and coming back to life to protect his one true love.

I will make you fishers of cyber-men,
fishers of cyber-men, fishers of cyber-men if you follow me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment