Sunday, March 6, 2011

Design*Sponge: Leigh Edition.

There is a fantastic website that I discovered about a month and a half ago called Design*Sponge Online.  It is a fantastic website, I recommend it to all my friends and I could get stuck on there for hours just pouring over the ideas, the beautiful clothes, decor, recipes and hardware. I clicked on there tonight and found an article called flowers a-z: h is for hyacinth.
I don't know about you, but I didn't noticed the flowers first. I noticed the beautiful milk glass vases they were using! I am a glass collector. I inherited it from my Mom. She has a vast collection of Indiana glass, Jewel Tea & carnival glass. Sadly my collection grew this past Summer when my Grandma Hazel passed away and I ended up with some of her milk glass. I have two small little decorative pieces and when I saw this article, I couldn't help but get outside, pick some flowers and create my own little flower decor.
This flowers grow all over our back fence and are extremely fragrant. I ran downstairs and grabbed a few, plucked them to my liking and placed them in my milk glass. They don't look that great, but I thought it was sort of cute.
Here's the real deal and my version. I did see hyacinth at Whole Foods today, perhaps I'll grab a bouquet next time I'm there.


What do you think? Not bad for getting a wild hair and making a bouquet I think... ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment