Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Money Saving, Time Saving.

I had to make a little post about these seemingly little things in my life that make a big difference. Cheap meat & Slow Cooker liners. They save me money and time, two of my favorite things to save. ;)

Oh, Crock Pot how I love thee! Let me count the ways!
I do love my Crock Pot. The only thing that deters me from using it everyday for everything is cleaning it. I am no longer a proud dish washer owner. I am my own dish washer. I am learning to avoid things that I deem "not easy" to scrub. Well, a solution has arrived dear readers!
Two weeks ago Target had a price cut on these slow cooker liners. Beautiful, beautiful items that they are, I got them with coupons for .62 cents each.
Today is the first day of cooler weather since early January and it's perfect for a roast. This little beauty was found in the clearance bin at Vons and promptly stuck in my freezer. I get some cheap meat in that glorious little bin. People look at me like I'm digging through the trash can when I shop in there, but I don't care. I am getting good meat at half the price. It's not rancid, it's just getting close to the sell by date for the grocery store. It's still good people! You take it home & throw it in your freezer and you are golden! It's fantastic.
Alright, I think that's it. I just had to sing the praises of cheap meat & easy clean up!

2 comments:

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

I found your blog through Ashley's....anyways, I need to utilize my crock pot more these days...I keep forgetting how very convenient it is to put something in there in the morning and already have dinner done! Your family is precious....

Unknown said...

Thanks Alyssa! :)
I have to admit that I wasn't a big crock pot person until late last year. Now I'm 100% all about it!
Get some of the liners, it makes it so much easier!
Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment