Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dresser door.

   I'm trying to tap into my crafty side again. I did a few house crafts while I had one kid. I wasn't so crafty once Mae came along. In fact, my last big "project" was painting decor for her side of the nursery when she arrived. I've been crocheting and scrap booking again. I really want to repurpose a few items around the house and decorate.
Cameron put the kid's dresser in their closet so we could have more room for them to play. He took the door off of it because we wouldn't be able to open it anyway. When he carried it out, I knew I wanted to do something with it. I just don't know what.
  See, I'm no Martha. I enjoy creating things, but they never come out as well as most people's crafts. My Mom is an incredible seamstress and can crochet you a couch and matching love seat if you asked, she can also cook like nobody's business. My Dad is good at whatever he wants to be good at (painting, repair, building, repurposing, sculpting). The older I get, the more I want to live up to their abilities.

I might paint the door, I might antique it, I might modpodge some stuff on it. I don't know! I do know that I love the little knob that I got from Anthropologie. Here's the secret about Anthro: Don't buy stuff unless it's on sale. You can get a better deal during your birthday month, they send you a very cute 15% off your purchase coupon. I bought quite a few cabinet knobs for about $2.50 (when they aren't on sale they run anywhere from $6-$14) each a couple of years ago. I haven't put them up yet in the new place. I did use one on my little dresser door.
Anyone have a good idea?? Let me know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment