Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Mystery Pitcher

About a week ago I opened up the cabinet above our fridge. I'm short and I can't reach things without a step-stool. So, I finally got up there and to my surprise found two pitchers and a few vases. Nothing too fancy, except for a great little pitcher with gold rings painted on it.
I'm a bit of a glass collector, I have vaseline glass from the Great Depression, carnival glass from the 60's, Jewel tea from the 50's or 60's, milk glass, a vintage juice reamer, china sets that belonged to my Grandma and Cameron's Grandma and a few other little pieces. I'm quite thrilled at my little find. I'm guessing that's it's a mid-century design. It looks like someone may have put it through a dishwasher and it took some of the gold paint.
I took it out from the cabinet and put it into my china hutch. I've been researching to see where it came from, I haven't had too much luck yet. If you have any clues, please let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment